Asana Event Terms and Conditions
These are the terms (the “Agreement”) between you and Asana, Inc. or one of its affiliates (collectively, “Asana”) that govern your attendance at and/or participation in an event hosted or organized by Asana and/or one of its partners (the “Event”). By registering for, attending, and/or presenting or speaking at the Event, you agree to the terms below.
1. Attendance. Your registration entitles you to attend to the Event and, by agreeing to this Agreement, you also agree to comply with any rules applicable to you while at the Event venue.
2. Removal. You acknowledge that Asana reserves the right to have you removed from the Event if Asana, in its sole discretion, considers that your presence and/or behavior creates a disruption to the Event and/or hinders the enjoyment of the Event by other attendees or speakers.
3. Payment. If payment is required to attend the Event, payment is due in full upon registration. That payment may be subject sales tax, value added tax, or any other taxes and duties which, if applicable, will be charged to you in addition to such payment. Any other costs associated with your attendance (including without limitation any travel and/or accommodation expenses) remain your responsibility.
4. Changes and Cancellation. You acknowledge and agree that Asana, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to change any and all aspects of the Event, including but not limited to, the Event name, themes, content, program, speakers, performers, hosts, moderators, venue and time. Asana may also elect to cancel the Event in its sole discretion for any reason and will inform you of such cancellation should it occur.
5. Personal Release. By attending the Event and agreeing to these terms, you acknowledge and agree to grant Asana the right at the Event to record, film, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media now available and hereafter developed (collectively, “Recordings”) and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise globally disseminate, in perpetuity, such Recordings without any further approval from you or any payment to you. This grant to Asana includes, but is not limited to, the right to edit such Recordings, the right to use the Recordings alone or together with other information, and the right to allow others to use and/or disseminate the Recordings. You waive and release any and all rights of privacy and publicity, and any and all claims to compensation or damages or of violation of intellectual property rights, in connection with the use of the Recordings.
7. Intellectual Property. All intellectual property rights in and to the Event, the Event content, and all materials distributed at or in connection with the Event are owned by Asana and/or the Event sponsors or speakers presenting at the Event. You may not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce any trademarks or other trade names appearing at the Event, in any Event content, and/or in any materials distributed at or in connection with the Event for any reason without the prior written permission of Asana. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to vest in you any legal or beneficial right in or to any intellectual property rights owned or used under license by Asana or grant to you any right or license to any other intellectual property rights of Asana.
8. Warranties. Asana makes no warranties in respect of any aspect of the Event or any materials related thereto or offered at the Event and disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness, and merchantability. Asana is not responsible and disclaims all liability for reliance by you on any aspect of the Event and/or any information provided at the Event.
9. Liability. Except matters for which liability cannot be excluded under applicable law, Asana shall not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages, or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Event or this Agreement. The maximum aggregate liability of Asana for any claim in any way connected with the Event or this Agreement, whether in contract, tort or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission), shall be limited to the amount paid by you to Asana under this Agreement to attend the Event.
10. Changes. Asana may make changes to this Agreement from time to time. You understand and agree that if you attend and/or participate in the Event after the date on which the Agreement has changed, your attendance and/or participation will signify acceptance of the updated Agreement
11. Governing law and Jurisdiction. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of San Francisco, California for any disputes arising out of this Agreement.